Management Agenda for the Presidential and Congressional Transition: Manage Finances to Improve the Nation's Fiscal Condition
Published: Nov 10, 2016. Publicly Released: Nov 10, 2016.
Skip to Highlights
GAO's Management Agenda is a streamlined tool for new leaders to quickly learn about critical management challenges and risks facing the federal government and the actions needed to address those challenges. Eight management challenges are highlighted in the Management Agenda:
Manage Finances to Improve the Nation’s Fiscal ConditionThe incoming Administration and Congress face major challenges to improve the nation’s fiscal condition. These challenges include reducing the gap between revenue and spending, addressing a multibillion-dollar tax gap, reducing billions of dollars in improper payments, and improving the reliability of financial information. See additional materials for more information.
- Manage Acquisitions to Maximize Cost Savings and Performance
- Develop and Manage Information Technology to Meet the Government's Needs
- Strengthen Cybersecurity Over Sensitive Data and Protect Critical Infrastructure Systems
- Strengthen Human Capital Capabilities to Enhance Performance
- Collaborate to Achieve National Outcomes
- Improve Federal Performance to Better Achieve Results
- Promote Transparency and Open Government to Enhance Civic Engagement and Foster Innovation
The Presidential Transition Act points to the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) as a resource for incoming administrations as well as new Congresses. Explore our Presidential and Congressional Transition Resources.
For more information, contact J. Christopher Mihm at 202-512-6806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.