Priority Open Recommendations:
Office of Management and Budget
GAO-19-323SP: Published: Apr 10, 2019. Publicly Released: Apr 17, 2019.
Each year, we make more than 1,000 recommendations to help improve the federal government. We alert department heads to the recommendations where they can save the most money, address issues on our High Risk List, or significantly improve government operations.
This report outlines our 31 priority open recommendations for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) as of April 2019.
For example, we recommended that OMB enhance its oversight of high-priority federal IT acquisitions to improve accountability and get better results.
Since our previous letter in April 2018, OMB implemented 7 of our priority recommendations.
Graphic showing that this report discusses GAO's 2019 priority recommendations for the Office of Management and Budget
What GAO Found
- Improving government performance.
- Increasing the transparency of federal spending data.
- Improving acquisition management and reducing costs.
- Reducing government-wide improper payments.
- Improving fraud risk management.
- Establishing controls for disaster relief funding.
- Improving federal grants management.
- Improving the collection and coordination of federal data on sexual violence.
Why GAO Did This Study
For more information, contact Triana McNeil at (202) 512-6806 or email@example.com.