GAO job vacancies, including intern positions, are posted on USAJobs.
- Create a resume in USAJOBS
- Apply to a GAO job announcement
- Receive automated job alerts with updates on our latest vacancies
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and meet minimum qualifications based on the position.
Minimum qualifications for GAO positions generally include an educational requirement, or a certain number of years of work experience or a combination of work experience, and education based on the specific position and band level. Depending on the position and band level, specialized work or education may be required to meet the unique expectations for the job.
GAO uses a different grade scale than the General Schedule scale used by most other federal agencies, learn more about GAO’s established pay systems.
More information on qualifications can be found on individual job postings under “Requirements.”
GAO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to its employees and applicants for employment to ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities have equal access to all employment opportunities and have the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential.
To request a reasonable accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact the Reasonable Accommodations Coordinator at 202-512-7360, or send an email to ReasonableAccommodations@gao.gov.
- Job opportunity questions: email email@example.com.
- Specific vacancy questions: email GAO's Human Capital Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the vacancy number you are inquiring about.
- Employment verification (including for Public Service Loan Forgiveness) for current and former GAO employees: email email@example.com.