Payment of Dislocation Allowance to Involuntarily Relocated Personnel

B-182581: Mar 30, 1976

Additional Materials:


Thomas H. Armstrong
(202) 512-8257


Office of Public Affairs
(202) 512-4800

A decision was requested concerning payment of dislocation allowances to members stationed in Japan who were required to move from their Government housing. Since the members did not change stations, they may not be paid dislocation allowances. They may not be reimbursed for personal expenses incurred for items of personal convenience such as rugs and draperies nor may they be reimbursed for telephone installation charges.