Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC)
GAO is now accepting letters of nomination and resumes for MedPAC appointments that will be effective in May 2018. Nominations should be submitted by February 23, 2018 and sent to the email or mailing address listed below. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within one week of submission, contact Greg Giusto at 202-512-8268.
- Email: MedPACappointments@gao.gov
Attn: MedPAC Appointments
441 G Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20548
The Comptroller General of the United States is responsible for appointing individuals to serve as members of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC). MedPAC is an agency of Congress whose mandate is to analyze access to care, quality of care, and other issues affecting Medicare and to advise Congress on payments to health plans participating in the Medicare Advantage program and providers in Medicare’s traditional fee-for-service program. MedPAC was established by the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 (42 U.S.C. 1395b-6 (2008)).
The commission’s 17 members serve 3-year terms (from May 1 to April 30), with the terms subject to renewal. The law requires that the commission comprise a mix of individuals with expertise in the financing and delivery of health care services and have a broad geographic representation. Commissioners include physicians and other health professionals, employers, third-party payers, researchers with a variety of health-related expertise, and representatives of consumers and the elderly.
Notices of Current and Prior Appointments
- 2017 Appointments
- 2016 Appointments
- 2015 Appointments
- 2014 Appointments
- 2013 Appointments
- 2012 Appointments
- 2011 Appointments
- 2010 Appointments
- 2009 Appointments (PDF, 2 pages)
- 2008 Appointments (PDF, 5 pages)
- 2007 Appointments (PDF, 3 pages)
- 2006 Appointments (PDF, 3 pages)
- 2005 Appointments (PDF, 2 pages)
- 2004 Appointments (PDF, 3 pages)
- 2003 Appointments (PDF, 1 page)
- 2002 Appointments (PDF, 3 pages)
- 2001 Appointments (PDF, 2 pages)
- 2000 Appointments (PDF, 3 pages)
- 1999 Appointments (PDF, 4 pages)
- 1998 Appointments (PDF, 2 pages)
- 1997 Appointments (PDF, 1 page)