Brian M. Mazanec
Areas of Expertise:
- International security, cyber security, and counterterrorism
- Intelligence Community management and operations
- Counterintelligence and security
- Personnel vetting and the security clearance process
- Unconventional and emerging threats and capabilities
Brian Mazanec is a Director in GAO’s Defense Capabilities and Management team. He oversees work on intelligence community management and operations, personnel vetting/security clearances, artificial intelligence, space policy and operations, and other strategic and emerging warfare issues.
Brian joined GAO in July 2009. Prior to his current position, Brian worked as an Acting Director in GAO’s International Affairs and Trade team. He led work on intelligence and counterintelligence, counterterrorism, building foreign partner capacity, cybersecurity, and foreign military financing and sales.
Brian earned a doctorate degree in international security from George Mason University. Brian earned a master’s degree in defense and strategic studies from Missouri State University. Brian earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Richmond.