Beryl H. Davis
Areas of Expertise:
- Agency Financial Statement Audits (General Fund)
- Single Audits/state and local financial management issues
- Grants management, Inspector Generals
- Improper payments including government-wide duplication and overlap issues
- Health care financial management issues
Berri Davis is a Director in GAO's Financial Management and Assurance team. She performs financial and performance audits, including the audit of Fiscal Services' Schedules of the General Fund. She oversees issues related to improper payments, grants management and accountability, inspectors general, health care financial management, international auditing standards, and state and local financial management.
Berri joined GAO in 2011. She has over 30 years of experience in auditing, financial management, and accounting, in both the public and private sectors. She previously served as Vice President, Standards and Guidance, for the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Berri earned a master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting from the University of Florida, and a bachelor's degree in economics from Emory University. She is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Government Financial Manager, and a Certified Government Auditing Professional.