SAMPLE: Today's Reports and Testimonies E-mail
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) today released the following reports, correspondence and testimony:
- Defense Acquisitions: Termination Costs Are Generally Not a Compelling Reason to Continue Programs or Contracts That Otherwise Warrant Ending. GAO-08-379, March 14.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08379high.pdf
- Defense Acquisitions: Progress Made in Fielding Missile Defense, but Program Is Short of Meeting Goals. GAO-08-448, March 14.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08448high.pdf
- Aviation and the Environment: FAA's and NASA's Research and Development Plans for Noise Reduction Are Aligned but the Prospects of Achieving Noise Reduction Goals Are Uncertain. GAO-08-384, February 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08384high.pdf
- Vehicle Donations: Selected Charities Reported Mixed Experiences after Changes in Vehicle Donation Rules. GAO-08-367, February 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08367high.pdf
- Tax Policy: Tax-Exempt Status of Certain Bonds Merits Reconsideration and Apparent Noncompliance with Issuance Cost Limitations Should Be Addressed. GAO-08-364, February 15.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08364high.pdf
- Global War on Terrorism: Reported Obligations for the Department of Defense. GAO-08-557R, March 17. http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-08-557R
- District of Columbia Public Schools: While Early Reform Efforts Tackle Critical Management Issues, a District-Wide Strategic Plan Would Help Guide Long-Term Efforts, by Cornelia M. Ashby, director, education, workforce, and income security, before the Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management, the Federal Workforce, and the District of Columbia, Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. GAO-08-549T, March 14.
Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d08549thigh.pdf
Help with viewing PDF files is available from the "Help" section of http://www.gao.gov. Check the information in the section titled, "Help with Reading Portable Document Format Files" if you have difficulty.
Subscribe to this or other E-mail updates about GAO products at the "Subscribe to Updates" section of http://www.gao.gov.
Remove yourself from this mailing list by sending an e-mail message to: email@example.com with the message: unsubscribe daybook in the message body.
Order printed copies of any of these items from GAO: 202-512-6000 (voice) 202-512-2537 (TDD) 202-512-6061 (fax).
Members of the press may request copies from the Office of Public Affairs, 202-512-4800.
This list is produced by the Government Accountability Office to provide daily information about GAO Reports and Testimony. Access GAO on the web at http://www.gao.gov