Top 10 List for January 2017
An alphabetical listing of significant reports and testimonies issued in January 2017.
1. Border Security: CBP Aims to Prevent High-Risk Travelers from Boarding U.S.-Bound Flights, but Needs to Evaluate Program Performance
GAO-17-216: Published: Jan 24, 2017. Publicly Released: Jan 24, 2017.
2. Drug Safety: FDA Has Improved Its Foreign Drug Inspection Program, but Needs to Assess the Effectiveness and Staffing of Its Foreign Offices
GAO-17-143: Published: Dec 16, 2016. Publicly Released: Jan 17, 2017.
3. Federal Real Property: GSA Should Inform Tenant Agencies When Leasing High-Security Space from Foreign Owners
GAO-17-195: Published: Jan 3, 2017. Publicly Released: Jan 30, 2017.
4. 2016 Filing Season: IRS Improved Telephone Service but Needs to Better Assist Identity Theft Victims and Prevent Release of Fraudulent Refunds
GAO-17-186: Published: Jan 31, 2017. Publicly Released: Jan 31, 2017.
5. Financial Audit: Fiscal Years 2016 and 2015 Consolidated Financial Statements of the U.S. Government
GAO-17-283R: Published: Jan 12, 2017. Publicly Released: Jan 12, 2017.
6. Overseas Contingency Operations: OMB and DOD Should Revise the Criteria for Determining Eligible Costs and Identify the Costs Likely to Endure Long Term
GAO-17-68: Published: Jan 18, 2017. Publicly Released: Jan 18, 2017.
7. Retirement Security: Improved Guidance Could Help Account Owners Understand the Risks of Investing in Unconventional Assets
GAO-17-102: Published: Dec 8, 2016. Publicly Released: Jan 9, 2017.
8. School Bus Safety: Crash Data Trends and Federal and State Requirements
GAO-17-209: Published: Jan 12, 2017. Publicly Released: Jan 12, 2017.
9. The Nation's Fiscal Health: Action is Needed to Address the Federal Government's Fiscal Future
GAO-17-237SP: Published: Jan 17, 2017. Publicly Released: Jan 17, 2017.
10. Veterans Health Administration: Management Attention Is Needed to Address Systemic, Long-standing Human Capital Challenges[back to top]
GAO-17-30: Published: Dec 23, 2016. Publicly Released: Jan 23, 2017.