Top 10 List for August 2017
An alphabetical listing of significant reports and testimonies issued in August 2017.
1. Conflict Minerals: Information on Artisanal Mined Gold and Efforts to Encourage Responsible Sourcing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
GAO-17-733: Published: Aug 23, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 23, 2017.
2. Crop Insurance: Opportunities Exist to Improve Program Delivery and Reduce Costs
GAO-17-501: Published: Jul 26, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 24, 2017.
3. Defense Cybersecurity: DOD's Monitoring of Progress in Implementing Cyber Strategies Can Be Strengthened
GAO-17-512: Published: Aug 1, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 1, 2017.
4. DOD Biometrics and Forensics: Progress Made in Establishing Long-term Deployable Capabilities, but Further Actions Are Needed
GAO-17-580: Published: Aug 7, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 7, 2017.
5. Information Security: OPM Has Improved Controls, but Further Efforts Are Needed
GAO-17-614: Published: Aug 3, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 3, 2017.
6. Navy Readiness: Actions Needed to Maintain Viable Surge Sealift and Combat Logistics Fleets [Reissued on October 31, 2017]
GAO-17-503: Published: Aug 22, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 22, 2017.
7. Pipeline Safety: Additional Actions Could Improve Federal Use of Data on Pipeline Materials and Corrosion
GAO-17-639: Published: Aug 3, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 3, 2017.
8. Social Security Administration: Improvements Needed in Facilities Planning and Service Delivery Evaluation
GAO-17-597: Published: Jul 25, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 24, 2017.
9. Vehicle Data Privacy: Industry and Federal Efforts Under Way but NHTSA Needs to Define Its Role
GAO-17-656: Published: Jul 28, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 28, 2017.
10. World Trade Center Health Program: Improved Oversight Needed to Ensure Clinics Fully Address Mandated Quality Assurance Elements[back to top]
GAO-17-676: Published: Aug 10, 2017. Publicly Released: Aug 10, 2017.