These functions were transferred (by law or by delegation from OMB) to other agencies, as follows:
Claims Related to Uniformed Service Members
- What: settlement of (1) claims for uniformed service members’ pay, allowances, travel, transportation, and survivor benefits; and (2) carriers’ claims for amounts set off from their charges for loss and damage.
- Transferred to: Department of Defense, Office of Hearings and Appeals.
- For more information: Call 703-696-1876. Leave a voice-mail message with your e-mail address.
Claims Related to Federal Civilian Employees
- What: settlement of federal civilian employees’ claims for compensation and leave.
- Transferred to: Office of Personnel Management.
- For more information: Call 202-606-7948 or fax 202-606-2663.
- What: settlement of (1) claims for federal civilian employees' travel, transportation, and relocation allowances; and (2) transportation carriers' requests for review of General Services Administration (GSA) audits of carriers’ bills.
- Transferred to: Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (formerly GSA Board of Contract Appeals).
- For more information: Visit the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals Web site.
Waiving Erroneous Payments of Pay, Allowances, and Benefits
- What: authority to prescribe standards and waive claims against government employees and members of the uniformed services and National Guard arising out of erroneous payments of pay and allowances, as well as travel, transportation, and relocation benefits.
- Transferred to: authorized officials (agency heads, for legislative branch employees; or the Director of OMB, for other federal employees and members of the uniformed services or the National Guard). Pub. L. No. 104-316, §§ 103(d), 105(b), 116, 110 Stat. 3826 (1996). OMB delegated this authority to the agency that made the particular erroneous payment.
- What: authority to prescribe (with the Department of Justice) standards for, and supervise the collection of, delinquent debts owed to the United States.
- Transferred to: Secretary of the Treasury.
Judgment Fund Payments and Setoffs
- What: certifying the payment of (and setoff against) judicial and administrative awards from the permanent, indefinite appropriation established by 31 U.S.C. § 1304.
- Transferred to: Department of the Treasury’s Judgment Fund Group.
- For more information: Visit the Judgment Fund Group Web site.
Civilian and Military Personnel Law Manuals
Civilian Personnel Law ManualsCivilian Personnel Law Manual: Introduction
OGC-89-7: Jan 1, 1989Civilian Personnel Law Manual: Title I -- Compensation
OGC-91-6: Jan 1, 1991Civilian Personnel Law Manual: Title II -- Leave
OGC-96-6: Mar 1, 1996Civilian Personnel Law Manual: Title III -- Travel
OGC-89-8: Jan 1, 1989Civilian Personnel Law Manual: Title IV -- Relocation
OGC-89-9: Jan 1, 1989
Military Personnel Law ManualsMilitary Personnel Law Manual: Title I--Active Duty Pay and Allowances
OGC-94-1: Sep 30, 1992Military Personnel Law Manual: Title II-Travel
OGC-94-2: Sep 1, 1992Military Personnel Law Manual: Title III--Retired Pay, Separation Payments, and Death Payments
OGC-95-23: Jan 1, 1995