Education, Workforce, and Income Security
The Education, Workforce, and Income Security team assists Congress by evaluating programs to educate, employ, protect, and support individuals and families in all phases of their lives. We consider the well-being of infants to seniors. We analyze how well we educate our youth, and transition our veterans and others to safe and productive jobs in a changing economy. We assess supports for those with disabilities or at an economic disadvantage. We offer policy options for ensuring a financially secure retirement. Programs under our purview touch the lives of virtually every American. With the fiscal challenges facing the nation and its families, we recommend ways agencies and programs can spend dollars wisely and deliver results for those they serve.
We analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of programs to
- foster the development, education, and skill attainment of children and adults;
- provide benefits and protections for workers, families, veterans, and those with disabilities;
- ensure an adequate and secure retirement for an aging population.
Our team oversees programs and management in:
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Department of Agriculture (food and nutrition programs)
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human Services (human services programs)
- Department of Labor
- Department of Veterans Affairs (benefits and education programs)
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Social Security Administration