All Topics » Business Regulation and Consumer Protection » Financial institutions » Bank holding companies
Bank holding companies (1 - 2 of 2 items) in Past Year
Nonbank Mortgage Servicers: Existing Regulatory Oversight Could Be Strengthened [Reissued on April 14, 2016]
GAO-16-278: Published: Mar 10, 2016. Publicly Released: Apr 11, 2016.
The share of home mortgages serviced by nonbanks increased from approximately 6.8 percent in 2012 to approximately 24.2 percent in 2015 (as measured by unpaid principal balance). However, banks continued to service the remainder (about 75.8 percent). Some market participants GAO interviewed said nonbank servicers' growth increased the capacity for servicing delinquent loans, but they also noted ch...
Resolution Plans: Regulators Have Refined Their Review Processes but Could Improve Transparency and Timeliness
GAO-16-341: Published: Apr 12, 2016. Publicly Released: Apr 12, 2016.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and Federal Reserve System (Federal Reserve) have developed separate but similar review processes for determining whether a resolution plan is “not credible” or would not facilitate a company's orderly resolution under the Bankruptcy Code (the Code). Both regulators have processes for staffing review teams, determining whether a plan includes al...